Location & Cost:
Group classes are from these locations
- Tuesday and Thursday 6pm Beginners classes at Mt Pleasant: Mt Pleasant Centre, 3 McCormacks Bay Rd, Mount Pleasant. Cost $15 p/person
- Tuesday 7:15pm Intermediate classes at : Redcliffs Union Church Hall, 4 Augusta Street, Redcliffs, Christchurch. Cost $15 p/person
- Thursday 7pm Intermediate classes at Mt Pleasant: Mt Pleasant Centre, 3 McCormacks Bay Rd, Mount Pleasant. Cost $15 p/person
- These classes help subsidise our dance therapy classes and other outreach programmes making you apart of Dance to be Free’s mission in making dance accessible to everyone no matter their age or ability.
Power of Dance classes are held at Mt Pleasant Centre, 3 McCormacks Bay Rd, Mount Pleasant. Cost $7 (support person free).
Please contact us for more info. Individual, couples and small groups dance classes can be anytime from 9am-9pm weekdays, with Saturday mornings available on request. Contact us to enquire about a time that suits you. For private lessons, we can do this one on one, in couples, or small groups that you arrange (ie come to us with a group of friends/workmates and we can teach you together). See the dancing styles and rates page for full info, including pricing. We also offer group classes that are based on the type and level of dance experience. The current timetable is below:
Important info for group classes:
- All classes are open to new dancers
- You can join the beginners’ group at any time
- Group classes are all $15/person (except or Latin Fusion and MS/Parkinsons classes). See dance styles and pricing page for details.
- Each group class is limited in size, as we like to give lots of personalised attention.
- If you haven’t attended a group class with Dance to be Free before, please give us a call (027-528-3105), just so we know you are coming.
- You don’t need a partner – just a desire to enjoy dance!
- Couples are welcome – and you don’t have to dance with anyone else if you are a couple.
- We have new people staying all the time, and remember we specialise in beginners!
We teach a variety of dances (normally two each class), see the Dance Styles page for more info.